May 28, 2020
Dear Church Family,
The time has finally come for us to resume our regular church operations. The church staff has prayed and discussed at great length how we should go about resuming meeting together at Marietta FBC. We have reviewed recommendations by health care officials, staffs of other churches, and state leaders.
So, here is the schedule of how we plan to reopen Marietta FBC:
- May 31st 10 AM Parking lot service and Facebook online.
- June 7th 10:00 AM worship only (no children’s worship or nursery), Adult and 6:30 PM Student Bible Study only (no children’s study or nursery). We will have all of the chairs in the back of the sanctuary and families are advised to social distance. CDC advises that people wear masks for the prevention. For those who feel it is best for them to continue to worship at home, the Facebook Live broadcast will still be available.
- Wednesday June 10th we will resume our regular schedule including nursery, children, students, and adults at 6:30 PM.
- Sunday June 14th we will resume Connection Group classes for all ages.
- The coffee bars will be closed for the summer, and we will have boxes in place for offering, so we do not have to pass the plates.
- All summer camps and activities have been canceled including VBS. We are working on additional activities including a large Children’s Back to School bash on Wednesday August 19th.
As you can imagine, making any decision regarding opening the church is incredibly difficult given the fluidity of the situation regarding the virus. So, please understand that the above schedule could change if the status of the spread of the virus changes.
If you are at-risk regarding this virus, we strongly encourage you to worship from home for the time being.
Your church staff covets your prayers for wisdom, and we greatly appreciate your
patience and understanding as we try to do what we think is best for Marietta FBC. Obviously, there are a variety of opinions regarding how things should be reopened, but we appreciate your willingness to support this plan and protect the unity of our church. We look forward to seeing all of you soon.